Saturday, March 1, 2008

What happened in Vegas...paid off!

Well, it's the moment we've been waiting for...Buddy got accepted to graduate school! In the near future, he may be a UNLV Rebel without a cause! Of course, there are other schools he's waiting to hear from, but UNLV is definitely at the top of the list. This way I could just make us rich at the tables...sure beats working!We are so excited and grateful for Brandon's acceptance and we'd like to recognize just a few of the contributing factors :
1) First and foremost, prayers and fasting as well as our families' prayers and fasting. (Perhaps someone didn't want to be bothered anymore!) Thank you!
2) Brandon's constant dedication to his studies:
3) Michelle's fading British accent. I went to Vegas with Buddy when he interviewed, and as he was short on time I dropped him off and tried following important-looking people to try to obtain a parking pass. Turns out I was parked in the wrong place and a well-dressed man came out to try and assist me. He asked who I was with and I told him I didn't want to divulge that information in case it reflected badly on my husband that his wife can't navigate her way around a car park. He became intrigued by my weird accent and we got to talking and I eventually confessed that I was with Brandon Richards. Turns out he's Head of the Admissions Committee! He told Brandon he thought I was pretty funny and I guess that helped a white male from Idaho stand out a little!
4) Brandon's sassy new brown suit. We owe a lot to the suit.
Well, we're sleeping a lot better these days knowing that someone wants Buddy at their school, especially in a city where I could pursue a career as a showgirl.
CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!

15 pennies for your thoughts:

Mike said...

Congratulations Brandon! And Michelle, I'm pretty sure that your use of the term "car park" was a HUGE factor to Brandon's acceptance!

darbie said...

I've always pictured you as a showgirl. Can you hook us up with tickets when the time comes?

Mindy said...

I would come to your shows every weekend ... in case that persuades you at all to choose UNLV over all the other schools he will undoubtedly get accepted to. And, I should've known you'd write a new entry rather quickly after the one about me, so it would get bumped down. Hmph. ;) Congrats, Brand! :)

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Congratulations guys! That's exciting! Plus, in Vegas you can finance your school with all your gambling winnings! ;D

-Brandon

Amy and Jeff said...

Super congratulations! Just don't move away before we do... we love our upstairs babysitters :)

JoSue said...

way to go Brandon! I tell ya, the waiting is the worst part. Now you're home free.

BrittWilk said...

YAHOO! If you choose Vegas then our friendship can continue for many moons... okay we'll be friends if you go somewhere else, but it would be more like Christmas card and blogging friends (missing you guys) instead of let's hang out this weekend friends! Way cool!

The Jones Family said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you two - I bet its wonderful knowing you have a place to go no matter what else happens. I am so proud! :) We need to get together soon - I miss you kids!

Melissa said...

Hi Michelle! Its Melissa! Just wanted to let you know that we did the drawing for the easter blocks and YOU WON! Congrats! Lucy even picked the winner! So I am going to post tomorrow (monday) that you are the winner and a little snippit about you. And I wanted to get some back ground information on you and your husband to post if that is okay.

Melissa said...

So basically email me at luv2laf_lissa@Hotmail.com with some fun infomation about you and your blog. Or just give us a call at 907-345-0101!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Adorable layout and colors. I am just blog hopping and found you through another blog. Hope you don't mind. Cute little life you have going on...

Later

Karolyn said...

wow-vegas huh? Michelle-you crack me up! I love your blogs! And for the record... I think your height may infringe on your idea of being a showgirl... they have requirements you know... ;)

Brenda said...

I love the blog. It is the best way to find out what you two are doing. Brandon is not nearly as colorful when we chat with him on the phone. Michelle, you are a dear. We love you!!!!

Erin_C said...

Hey congrats on Vegas--that would be a fun place to live;-) Its fun to find blogs of people I know! It took forever for me to figure out how to get mine to work, but I think its fun. We are in the 85th ward, I think. . . that's who gets our tithing check anyway;-) what ward are you guys in?

shannon.lyon said...

congrats!!! (ps, do you think they'll call him buddy or brandon in grad school? this is a big decision you two should discuss)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...