Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crazy about my crockpot!

I have recently decided that there is no feeling quite like walking up the stairs after a long day, catching a whiff of something delicious and realizing that it's coming from MY apartment. Nothing compares.
I'd love to shake hands with the inventor of the crockpot. Call me lazy, call me crazy, but I have used mine 3 times in a week in the recent past. It's so easy even I can do it! Granted, my crockpot seems to burn hotter than a blazing inferno at times, but it's better to come home to burned dinner than no dinner (poor Brandon!)This is me - early in the morning - this summer impressing my Mum & sister with my "cooking skills". Although it may look disgusting going in, it always comes out, well, still looking disgusting, but tasting delicious.
I think my obsession probably began with a slow day at work when I decided to browse Betty Crocker's website. (Anyone that knew me anytime before last year is probably checking to make sure they are reading the correct blog.) Yes, I have taken to browsing cooking sites! So I searched for Betty's slow cooker recipes and stumbled upon a veritable treasure trove of slow cooked goodness. My personal favourites happen to be the Cowboy Stew (although "cooking for 2" doesn't mean much to the Richards), Pork Chops with Apple-Cherry Stuffing and the Hot German Potato Salad (it's warm potato salad, not a recipe from a good-looking European...learn from my mistakes).
So the next time you're coming home and happen to smell something delicious...ask yourself "Is that my dinner?" If the answer is Yes: life is good. If the answer is No: kick yourself and then click here.

5 pennies for your thoughts:

Melissa said...

if you want a good recipe foe the cockpot...check out the one I have for Crockpot Enchiladads! Soooo good.!!!

Mike said...

Dang, I was hoping the Hot German Potato Salad came from Heidi Klum...

Mindy said...

You little domestic goddess, you. :)

Brandon and Erica said...

Michelle...you are hilarious! And, I too have taken to crock-potting. Seriously, I LOVE IT! And, I am so glad you devoted a blog-post to the beautiful slow-cooker.
Ask me sometime about my favorite recipe:
chicken
ketchup
brown sugar
simmering in a crock pot...ALL DAY. YUM!

Jack Attack said...

Okay, I absolutely love you... I have made several attempts to use my crock pot, and they have turned out to be nothing short of a complete disaster!! Never thought of Betty Crocker, so that you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...