Teagan's not the only one who has an amazing father. I have one of my
very own. He works so very hard to provide, and I didn't appreciate it
until I was older and providing for myself. He'll do whatever it takes
to make sure his family is taken care of. I admire his work ethic so
much and hope I've grown up to make him proud of mine. While not a
member of the LDS Church, he's the most supportive man you'll ever meet. My Mum taught early morning seminary
for YEARS and I'll never forget my Dad taking the bus so that she could
drive to the church and take kids to school afterward. (Have I mentioned
how amazing my Mum is? I neglected to post on Mother's Day - and I
apologize to her for that. I'll make it up, Mum! Until then, know that
she's the poster child for burning the candle at both ends in order to
make sure her family is taken care of in every way. I also have the world's best mother-in-law. I'll put her up against anyone else's any day!) I think my Dad and I
have grown closer over the years, and especially now that I've added a
granddaughter for him to worry about! Still too young to be a Granddad! Love you Dad!
And
last, but certainly not least, to make it a Fantastic Father Trifecta I have to
mention Chuck. Or Pops, as Brandon & I affectionately call him...not
sure if he likes it, but he's never told us otherwise. Grandpa to 15
and I'm sure each of them feel like they're his favourite. He'll answer my inane pregnancy questions any hour of the day or night without making me feel silly or embarrassed. Another hard-working man who gets more done between 5:00AM & 8:00AM than I accomplish in a week. He wears so many hats at church, work, in the home and in the community and makes balancing them seem effortless - including a Santa hat. For a little perspective, he'd just gotten home from volunteering as Santa for a local senior home after a full day of work and he happily put the suit back on (before eating dinner) to take a photo with Teagan. Give, give give. Thanks for being a great example, Pops! Love ya!
Happy Father's Day to my Fantastic Father Trifecta and YOU!

0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment