I heard my baby's heartbeat today! I went to Dr. Pollock for a follow-up ultrasound, and we were able to confirm that the baby is indeed growing in my uterus, as it should be. PHEW! We aren't totally out of the woods yet, as he was concerned that the baby's heartbeat is a little slower than normal, but I"ll go in next week just to make sure it's increasing and not decreasing. Brandon had class, so couldn't be with me for the ultrasound, but I was able to take home a snapshot of my uterus, complete with 5mm baby! I knew they started out small, but wow! So when I look in the mirror at my tummy, I know that it isn't getting bigger on account of Junior, it's just me overeating :). But, we could see the little blob on the sonogram, which makes it a lot more real for me.
Hearing the little heartbeat (no matter how slow) was just wonderful, and almost surreal! I managed to hold my emotions in whilst at the clinic, but cried (tears of joy) at home with Brandon. I can't believe it's finally happening for us! Prayers are heard and answered, this I know. I'm so excited to be a mother and today's experience made it a lot more real for me. Let's hope all goes well next week!
Hearing the little heartbeat (no matter how slow) was just wonderful, and almost surreal! I managed to hold my emotions in whilst at the clinic, but cried (tears of joy) at home with Brandon. I can't believe it's finally happening for us! Prayers are heard and answered, this I know. I'm so excited to be a mother and today's experience made it a lot more real for me. Let's hope all goes well next week!
I failed to mention a particularly awesome/funny tidbit: that we're going to ENGLAND! You see, in our wisdom, we thought that we would start a savings account and put away some money each month to be reserved for one of two things: Little Richards or a trip to Europe should that little bundle of joy continue to evade us. We'd been talking about taking a trip for quite some time, but in a "Boy, that would be nice one day" sort of way. But in January, we agreed that there's no time that will ever be as perfect as right now, when we haven't been blessed with any children, to get out and do it. I haven't been back to England for 20 years now (although I don't feel old enough to be able to say that) and when asked why, I've always said it was too expensive. But saving up for a few months made it seem much more achievable. We had been researching flights for a while and finally worked out a good time to go, between Brandon's school breaks, my work and Uncle Gary, who we'd stay with. Then, lo and behold, the positive pregnancy test made its appearance. God does have a sense of humour! We decided to go anyway, since we'd found our flights and it was still something we both really wanted to do, and I would be in a good stage of the pregnancy - meaning not too nauseous anymore and not uncomfortably huge yet. So from June 12th to June 29th, the three of us will be in Europe! Hurray!

0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment