Monday, December 10, 2012

The curtains were hung by the window with care.

I'm a little late on the whole chevron craze, but I'm SO excited about my new living room/kitchen decor that I had to share. I have a fairy godmother-in-law who is an incredible seamstress. She put together grommet curtains for Teagan's bedroom and I absolutely loved them. So I gave her a sob story about absolutely no privacy downstairs at our house, with no window coverings on our bay windows in the kitchen and ugly, let-in-all-the-light-during-the-day and on-display-for-your-neighbours-at-night blinds in the living room. Next thing I know, she's ordering swatches and having me choose the material for full length curtains for the kitchen. HOORAY! 
The day they arrived, I practically threw them at Buddy to hang as soon as he got home. He abhors hanging anything. Especially anything weight-bearing. He eyeballs our hanging shelves every day, claiming that they're inching away from the wall and everything could come down any minute now. He's so cute. Usually I give him 24 hours to prep himself for the task, but I couldn't do that for this particular project, so up they went. And they look awesome, if I do say so myself. Isn't Mama Richards impressive?
 
Brandon didn't admire his handiwork as much as said a silent prayer that they wouldn't fall down. Something about a stud in the middle and be careful when you open and close them. Bless his worrying little heart.
 
As if that wasn't enough, I conned her into "teaching me how to sew pillow covers" which really translated to sitting next to her while she whipped them up. I had intended for us to make one together so I could do the rest myself later, but we both knew that wasn't going to happen, so she finished all six for me in record time. She tried to teach me a few things and I admire her for that, but I'm still confident I couldn't sew my way out of a paper bag. Into a paper bag? Regardless - I can't sew. I blind stitched three of the pillows myself, which look nothing like the blind stitch Brenda did on the other three in half the time. I just received grey & yellow fabric in the mail to cover two more pillows and tie everything in together, but I think I gave myself too much credit when I ordered it.




Until I can muster the courage, I'm content to admire my MIL's handiwork. Thank you fairy godmother-in-law! I'm a lucky lady.

0 pennies for your thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...