I've been wanting to take Teagan to the movies for a while now, but my anxiety over how she'd behave and the cost have both prohibited me to this point. But when Disney and Pixar announced Monsters University Brandon and I agreed that we would take her, since she loved Monsters, Inc. so much. Then I found Monsters University cereal at Target - on clearance, no less - and Teagan loved it. I noticed a promotion on the back of the box if you collected 6 codes from various Monsters U products, you could earn a free movie ticket. I stocked up on as much of the cheap cereal as I could, but it had gone fast. Perhaps it had something to do with the marshmallow Mikes & Sulleys and the frosted puffs? At any rate, other Kellogg's cereals were participating and so I managed to get a few more codes. I was one code shy and getting desperate because our window of being able to go was closing. So, bless Brandon's heart, on Saturday morning his ride to basketball needed to stop at Glazier's for some things and he picked up a box of Frosted Flakes. It must have been mis-shelved because when he got to the checkout it wound up costing $6.00. Alas, they were not frosted in gold like one might expect. But we got the code and it was still cheaper than a movie ticket. I entered all the codes and printed off our voucher.
We decided to go on Brandon's Monday off (in exchange for working a Saturday) anticipating a small crowd. When we got to the box office and presented our voucher, we got two wonderful pieces of news. Teagan was under 3, so she was free. And, the voucher was good up to $12 and a matinee was $9. So the cashier took the remaining $3 and applied it to the other ticket, so all 3 of us saw the movie for $6. Can you beat that? Even when you factor in the world's most expensive box of cereal.
She was entertained walking into the theater. We found a "mustaff" that was "Just like G-Pop!"
We arrived in plenty of time (with plenty of time for people to come and sit immediately in front of us...hate that!) so I took the liberty of snapping a coupld of photos of Teagan's first experience at the movies.
I don't think she really knew what to expect (as evidence in the photos) but once the movie got going, she was enthralled. Right up until 5 minutes before it ended, and I had shushed her one too many times. She decided she just couldn't stay quiet any longer, so I went to take her out. All the way down the stairs, she was calling to Brandon, "Daddy! Time to go! Come on, Daddy!" I tried to explain to her that the movie wasn't finished and that Daddy wanted to see the end. I told her we could go back in when she calmed down, but she couldn't understand why he didn't come with us and was devastated that we'd left him behind. I couldn't take her in until she calmed down, and she wouldn't calm down unless I took her in. So we waited it out a few minutes and went back in just in time for the credits. I was pleasantly surprised at how well she did, and if she's free until 3, we'll have to find something to take her to. Wolverine, perhaps?
0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment