Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Make your life a mission - not an intermission." - Arnold H. Glasgow

I just noticed that our "Keepin' Tabs" website counter is at 9,997. How awesome would it be to have 10,100 visits in one year, by the beginning of April? I'd love to have you leave me a comment on this post when you visit so I know who to send good vibes out to for helping me reach my lofty, albeit incredibly lame, goal. (Please know, I'm not above clicking on my own blog each and every day if that's what it takes, but I'd much rather share the joy with all of you.)

Speaking of lame but lofty goals, how would Buddy & I ever have achieved some of the amazing (read: wacky) things we've done over the years without first setting goals.
If he hadn't set goals, Buddy wouldn't have...
...dropped a parachute man off a building that no longer exists (DT).
...ridden a ridiculously small tricycle without breaking it.
...handrail surfed at the Salt Lake City airport.
...been kissed by a lady other than his wife without getting in trouble.
...(almost) squeezed himself into the world's oldest jumpsuit.
...seen a liger (lion-tiger cross) stuffed or otherwise....gotten sweet air in a tube, despite weighing a collective 330 pounds (I won't go into any specifics on weight distribution).
Without setting goals, Michelle would never have...
...conquered a fear and gotten into water with fish bigger than her. And touched them.
...pretended to shoot with Karl "The Mailman" Malone.
...shed those last few pounds to get rid of her old underwear.
...after several years, finally bested the Wheel of Fortune at Chuck E. Cheese's.
...won the Spouse-Lifting Championship in Moscow, Idaho and lived to tell about it.
And last, but certainly not least, we never would have been able to find the perfect someone to grow old with, without growing up.
Speaking of growing old...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUDDY! (I'll give you a proper tribute when you figure out how to sing my praises via the blog.)In conclusion, goals are incredibly important to us and have gotten us this far. So what do you say, will you help me make it to 10,100?

12 pennies for your thoughts:

Mindy said...

I'm so sad. I was 10,006. Ugh. Lame. Should've come six visits sooner. What a loser I am. P.s. Loved that post. Miss you both terribly!!!!!

Amy said...

I am still a Brandon & Michelle reader!

ixoj said...

Happy Bddiddy to Buddy!

And you know, I think you'd probably reach that goal much faster if you posted more often. ;)

Sara Forbes said...

Although I love that you would, shamelessly, click on your own blog now and then, I'd love to help you reach your goal! Miss you,kiddo!

S said...

Love the goals and the pictures. You two are too cute! By the way...didn't take me too long to "blogstalk" your blog. (wink)

Kaylinn said...

Chicka--I check your blog all the time!! I guess that means that I technically mess up your tracker. Sorry! My bad!

rexburgskinners said...

So glad we found you! You are family to us! Even if you seem nuts to others!? We love you guys!

tiffanie said...

Happy Birthday! I love reading your blog. I know I'm a bit late, but can we still count my visit?

Thanks for the advice on PT schools. Zak is on the waiting list and we haven't given up hope yet!

Caroline said...

You've reached some milestones. Happy Birthday to the man of the house.

Mindy said...

Seven people were added to my Needs to be Kicked List just today for not updating their blogs ... Just sayin'.

Marina said...

You both have achieved some very monumental goals, and I am so proud! Keep up the good work! I love your blog!

Derek and Emily said...

I love reading your blog. I crack up on just about every post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...