I feel the need to preface this particular post with a solemn declaration that **I love my husband more than anything and would do almost anything for him.** You'll see...
With school, work and church schedules going full tilt, deep and meaningful conversations at our house are few and far between. But, you can count on hearing a few staple statements on any given day...
"Really?! Is that where they go?" - Michelle (yes, I'm a huge nag...poor guy)
Recently, this has been in reference to the number of dirty socks Buddy manages to accumulate at his entrance to the bed. The record? Count them: 14. That's right, a whole week's worth of stinky socks laying only feet away from the laundry basket. It's a good thing he's so cute.
"Really?! Is that where they go?" - Michelle (yes, I'm a huge nag...poor guy)
Recently, this has been in reference to the number of dirty socks Buddy manages to accumulate at his entrance to the bed. The record? Count them: 14. That's right, a whole week's worth of stinky socks laying only feet away from the laundry basket. It's a good thing he's so cute.

"This week is going to suck, study-wise, but next week should be better." - Brandon
Please note that he will say these words again at the end of the week, meaning that the "better week" never actually arrives. I've given up hope.
"You're the best husband I've ever had!" - Michelle
(I recognized that this wouldn't be funny if this was my second marriage.)
"Can I use your body?" - Brandon (I'd hesitate sharing this one if it didn't mean he wanted to practice physical therapy on me by contorting my arms in weird ways, taking my blood pressure, or cracking my back "properly". Don't worry, no funny business here!)
"We're in the car, but people can still see you picking your nose." - Michelle
This is almost always accompanied by an excerpt from Bud Light's Real Men of Genius Mr. In-the-Car-Nose-Picker spot. (Click here to listen)
"We're in the car, but people can still see you picking your nose." - Michelle
This is almost always accompanied by an excerpt from Bud Light's Real Men of Genius Mr. In-the-Car-Nose-Picker spot. (Click here to listen)
"Can I finish this off?" - Brandon

Newsflash: this straw broke the proverbial camel's back. Loosely translated, I finally cracked this week. I heard those words one too many times and went on a rampage, branding certain foodstuffs with an M, rendering them exclusively mine.
To put things into perspective and hopefully gain some support for my side of the issue, do you know how many Hershey's Kisses came in the last package we got? 54. Do you know how many of those I ate? 4. Do you know how many of those we gave away? 0.
Have you already done the math in your head and realized that Buddy ate 50 of those Kisses...in less than 2 weeks? He tried to plead his case referencing the many times that my portion of something has been sitting long enough to be less-than-desirable, so he comes to the rescue and finishes it off before it's too late. I respect that. But in this case, a bag of Hershey's Kisses is not going to perish in 2 weeks time, my friend. Call me heartless and unkind, but I feel I am no longer obligated to share - although it has been helping me lose some of the weight I seem to have found (have you been wondering why photos of me have been rather scarce lately?) If I don't eat fast, I don't eat...which has been the case too often in the recent past.
To put things into perspective and hopefully gain some support for my side of the issue, do you know how many Hershey's Kisses came in the last package we got? 54. Do you know how many of those I ate? 4. Do you know how many of those we gave away? 0.
Have you already done the math in your head and realized that Buddy ate 50 of those Kisses...in less than 2 weeks? He tried to plead his case referencing the many times that my portion of something has been sitting long enough to be less-than-desirable, so he comes to the rescue and finishes it off before it's too late. I respect that. But in this case, a bag of Hershey's Kisses is not going to perish in 2 weeks time, my friend. Call me heartless and unkind, but I feel I am no longer obligated to share - although it has been helping me lose some of the weight I seem to have found (have you been wondering why photos of me have been rather scarce lately?) If I don't eat fast, I don't eat...which has been the case too often in the recent past.So it comes to this:

11 pennies for your thoughts:
That is hilarious. Dave is the same with his socks. After almost 3 years, I have given up. Before I do laundry, I scour the house for dirty socks. That's just the way it is. Have you been invited to see our blog? Send me your email address and I'll invite you guys.
I'm with Buddy on the kisses. 2 weeks is a long time for something to lay around and without getting eaten.
I might be with trav on the kisses issue. But the buenos, pudding packs and grahams? Label away!
Marking your food reminds me of college and roommates! Seriously halarious! And I understand about the socks, apparently this must be a common man problem, our usual place for dirty socks seems to be under the desk. I just figure when he runs out of clean socks he will find the hamper, until then I refuse to be a part of it.
This is a great post Michelle! Well done! Love it, it is the essence of the two of you...so funny!
You are hilarious Michelle
You continue to make me laugh, Michelle!
Oh my gosh. Thank you for making me laugh so hard. I really needed it. I love the marking of the M- just like roomies! You guys are the best!
so does this mean the next time you go grocery shopping your going to take a black sharpie with you to mark your M on them so Brandon can't eat anything because he didn't buy any food?
I have learned a valuable lesson about this but I'll wait and see what pans out with this.
Two weeks! I can't let kisses sit around for more than a few days. The "finishing things off" is also a common occurence at our house but I'm the culprit--it must be a richards thing. Eric can sympathize with you!
Koper likes to throw his socks behind his crib when he's supposed to be sleeping. Weston periodically cleans them out for me. The other day he was under the crib and exclaimed, "there's tons of them!"
Post a Comment