Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Last of the Facial Hair Chronicles...

With Furry February officially behind us, there's only one thing to do: get ready for Moustache March. It was a bit of a discouraging month for the Big Man, encountering beards he feels are a lot more impressive than his own (but they've been at it for months). He actually couldn't wait to shave it this morning and get it over with. I managed to capture this shot 30 seconds before we said goodbye to Scraggly McGee and hello to Babyface Buddy.So a beard may not be his thing, but I'm trying to talk him into the moustache. My argument is that he has plenty of role models, including this guy:
And if he's willing to put 30 years into it, he may catch up to this guy:
Or our resident UNLV Rebel:
And who could forget Mr. Moustache himself?
Of course, I'm saving the best for last. Buddy also has access to his very own father-in-law who has successfully pulled off a moustache for the 25 years I've known him. (He shaved it once, when I was really little and I apparently cried for days until it grew back.) For the record, Dad, I'm fairly confident I'd be able to recognize you without the moustache at this point, so if you're looking for a change... But as you can see, it's worked for him this long, why change a good thing?
There's a lot of wisdom on matters related to moustaches and bowling that my dad is more than equipped to impart.
I'm pretty sure Moustache March is a pipe dream that will never be realized, so I've put my skills to work again for a glimpse into what could have been. (Perhaps one of you lovely people out there will be inclined to provide me with access to PhotoShop after seeing how awful these representations are!)
I'm at a bit of a loss at this point, as Buddy's face has given me subject matter to post for the last month. Now I'm really going to have to stretch myself to find something more interesting to write about. Is this why most people wait to blog until they have children? If it's attempted wit, funny pictures and people poking fun at themselves you're after, you're in the right place. If it's beautiful babies and cuddly kids you're looking for, we can still help you with assistance from Brandon's siblings and siblings-in-law. They've produced a mob of blonde (although it looks like Landon will be a stunning redhead), blue-eyed, big-cheeked dollfaces that I am lucky enough to call my nieces and nephews. With kids this gorgeous, I hope we don't ruin the Richards track record when we have one of our own...one day! Until then, I'll just have to write about facial hair, the weather and other people's kids.

1 pennies for your thoughts:

Katja said...

I love to read your posts, they are always very funny and interesting. Oh, and yes, I still think about your car a lot, no I am not coveting, just thinking. Maybe you could put up a picture of it some day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...