Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life in Las Vegas...

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to do in Las Vegas than watching Buddy's beard grow...although that has been pretty entertaining, so I'll give you a quick update:You can go to the Hoover Dam and watch people spit over the edge...and sometimes, if you're really lucky and the wind is blowing just right, you can see said spit fly right back into their faces. Exhibit A (conveniently enough, I've circled the emittance for easier viewing):

In our own quirky way and without a shred of the romance, we recreated the magic of the movie "A Walk to Remember", being in two places at once.Trying to put a good spin on a rapidly growing bottom: my bum's in Arizona while the rest of me is in Nevada.All the spitting and crossing state lines made us hungry, so we stopped to eat our packed lunch. People walking by looked at us like they'd never seen anyone pack sandwiches and chips before. Perhaps it's because we were eating right outside the cafe...
Besides the delightful company, Manda & Kelly came to Vegas looking forward to sunshine. I believe this was the only sun we saw all weekend. Sorry, ladies!
They just can't stop building. This is going to be an incredible bridge when it's done.We learned more about astrological signs than I thought we would at a dam. Apparently the Sagittarius is a fighter. With birthdays in November, we both got that memo...Kelly's a feisty one!We all showered that morning, contributing to the eternal drought. Can you tell where the water used to be?
We looked for the suggestion box to submit an idea for an extreme thrill ride sliding down the dam. To put that comment into perspective, we also looked for the All Spark (Transformers reference. We went home and watched the movie, starring the Hoover Dam & Shia LaBoeuf.)
Not native to Vegas, but still hilarious: T-Rav's shirt. I laughed (okay, snorted) for a long time.
Lest you think the fun stops there, we went to visit Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden at Mirage with our friends, Sara and Burk. They were kind enough to let us borrow their daughter, Brooklynn, for a picture with the lions (who were kind enough to have stopped getting busy with each other for the picture. Only later did it occur to us that they are all male...oh, the irony.)
You may not have caught the full extent of her cuteness in the previous picture, and she deserves a shot of her very own. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. Sorry I don't have any pictures of Sara & Burk, but I think it would be dangerous to have a picture of such a good-looking couple so close to a picture of Buddy & I :)
We saw tigers and dolphins and leopards, oh my! Then walked out just in time to catch the Volcano erupting right outside Mirage. A Pyro's dream!I managed to get some of it on video...and even remembered to hold the camera the right way. It was pretty awesome!

Thanks for the good times! This actually-going-out-and-doing-things-around-town is pretty fun! We may even do it again...mark my words: I WILL go to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and have my picture taken with Zac Efron. It's only a matter of time.

5 pennies for your thoughts:

Kaylinn said...

Remember when we said we were going to go there. Yeah, that fell through but alas, all is not lost. Perhaps someday! Loved the post, you're so witty. Its fabulous.

Mindy said...

That slide idea is fan-stinkin-tastic. Do all you can to get it installed. Don't give up. Start a non-profit organization to head it up if necessary. The world is counting on you.

The Lorenzen'z said...

You guys are too funny. We miss you.

Caroline said...

I wish we could have been there with you. Tha damn really is amazing. My grandfather helped build it back in the day.

Love the sack lunches. I think those people that were looking at you were just jealous because you didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to have lunch.

US said...

You are the cutest thing ever! We had so much fun with you! I am such a slacker and haven't posted anything about our fun night out! We need to do it again asap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...