Step right up folks, and guess Baby Richards' weight! (Please note that humour regarding Mama Richards' weight will not be well received. Any guesses as to my weight will result in immediate disqualification as well as severe ostracism. Consider yourselves warned.) Seriously, though, I know a lot of you are wondering just how big this butterball is going to be. I know I'm curious!
So, if you'd like to submit a guess via comment on this post, the person closest to her weight (without going over - I've seen a lot of The Price is Right lately) will receive a hearty congratulations, and perhaps even a candy bar of their choosing if I feel so inclined. She's due October 23rd, but I think I've made a pretty comfortable home for her and if she's anything like me, knows a good thing when she's got it and we have no reason to believe she'll be here any earlier. But just in case, get your votes in ASAP!
Here's the most recent picture of the ol' belly.
And, in case you were thinking that family may have an advantage, knowing how big we were as babes...think again! Here's The Daddy in his glory days. No, that isn't a typo. He was 10 lbs. 10 oz. and heaven bless his mother Brenda: she's still walking! She had a feeling during her pregnancy that she was having twins and although the doctor assured her she was not, upon seeing Brandon he admitted, "He should have been twins!"
I alluded earlier to the fact that I knew a good thing when I had it and overstayed my welcome in the womb by several weeks - poor Mum! (Sidenote: our mothers are saints!) My extended stay apparently didn't do me a whole lot of good weight-wise, and I came out at 7 lbs. 1 oz. - carrying most of that in my cheeks.
Just so you have all the information... My doctor's jaw dropped when he saw me for the first time after our summer abroad. He even gasped and said, "Wow, you're a lot bigger than the last time I saw you!" Funny, I was under the impression that that's how this whole pregnancy thing worked. Upon measuring my ever-expanding tummy, he concluded that I was measuring a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Needless to say, his reaction left me a little nervous, especially since he mentioned that she may be big enough to warrant a C-section. But the next week (3 weeks ago now) he gave me his best estimate of how much she might weigh based on an ultrasound - 6 lbs. 11 oz. But, as most of you know, these are terribly inaccurate so she could have been bigger or smaller then and has had 3 weeks to grow. He did say that she wasn't a monster like we had originally thought, to which I cried, "So I'm just fat?" His response: "I don't think I'll answer that." He's nothing if not politically correct. Now my belly is measuring just less than a week ahead of schedule. That's all I can give you to help you make an educated guess.
So, step right up ladies and gents! Give it some thought (as pictured above) and guess how much she's going to weigh and consequently how long I'll have to spend in the gym when she comes out teeny weeny and I find out most of it was me!
So, if you'd like to submit a guess via comment on this post, the person closest to her weight (without going over - I've seen a lot of The Price is Right lately) will receive a hearty congratulations, and perhaps even a candy bar of their choosing if I feel so inclined. She's due October 23rd, but I think I've made a pretty comfortable home for her and if she's anything like me, knows a good thing when she's got it and we have no reason to believe she'll be here any earlier. But just in case, get your votes in ASAP!
Here's the most recent picture of the ol' belly.
And, in case you were thinking that family may have an advantage, knowing how big we were as babes...think again! Here's The Daddy in his glory days. No, that isn't a typo. He was 10 lbs. 10 oz. and heaven bless his mother Brenda: she's still walking! She had a feeling during her pregnancy that she was having twins and although the doctor assured her she was not, upon seeing Brandon he admitted, "He should have been twins!"
I alluded earlier to the fact that I knew a good thing when I had it and overstayed my welcome in the womb by several weeks - poor Mum! (Sidenote: our mothers are saints!) My extended stay apparently didn't do me a whole lot of good weight-wise, and I came out at 7 lbs. 1 oz. - carrying most of that in my cheeks.
Just so you have all the information... My doctor's jaw dropped when he saw me for the first time after our summer abroad. He even gasped and said, "Wow, you're a lot bigger than the last time I saw you!" Funny, I was under the impression that that's how this whole pregnancy thing worked. Upon measuring my ever-expanding tummy, he concluded that I was measuring a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Needless to say, his reaction left me a little nervous, especially since he mentioned that she may be big enough to warrant a C-section. But the next week (3 weeks ago now) he gave me his best estimate of how much she might weigh based on an ultrasound - 6 lbs. 11 oz. But, as most of you know, these are terribly inaccurate so she could have been bigger or smaller then and has had 3 weeks to grow. He did say that she wasn't a monster like we had originally thought, to which I cried, "So I'm just fat?" His response: "I don't think I'll answer that." He's nothing if not politically correct. Now my belly is measuring just less than a week ahead of schedule. That's all I can give you to help you make an educated guess.
So, step right up ladies and gents! Give it some thought (as pictured above) and guess how much she's going to weigh and consequently how long I'll have to spend in the gym when she comes out teeny weeny and I find out most of it was me!
21 pennies for your thoughts:
You are amazing and I love the names! My guess is 8lbs 8 oz.
Hannah cuz it includes one of the best names inside it.
8 lbs. 15 oz.
I can't wait to find out either.
p.s. I do think you are right...Hilary is asleep as I type. :)
fat is definitely not something i'd use to describe you. at all. you look fabulous! i can't say the same for baby girl richards - except for the fabulous part, of course. she might be fat. and we love her that way! so cute! i seriously can't wait! my guess is....8 lb 12 oz.
I'm going to be kind and guess a mere 7 lbs. 15 oz. I am hoping your doctor is wrong and you just have a wee thing in there. Good luck this week and tell your mom "hi" for me!!
You look amazing, Michelle. And your baby will be super cute too, considering her genes! My guess is 8lbs even. :)
During my delivery process, the OB felt around my belly and said she thought I had a 9 pound baby inside... but Eliza Lane was only 7lb 11oz after being 9 days late. :)
I guess 9lb 1oz. :)
I think a more appropriate game would be how many stitches are you going to have when this is all through! :|
I'll say 9lbs 15oz, and I'll pray that it's less!
I predict 8 pounds 7 ounces.
The end is near! I don't see any problem with the size of your tummy. Mine shot straight out like a torpedo so I definitely got lots of second looks.
My guess is 8 lbs 5 oz. Best of luck!
Good luck Michelle, we are all so excited to see pictures of your cute little girl. We hope everything will work out well for you. My guess is 8lbs. 10 oz. You can do it!
$1.00, Bob.
Okay, I am resisting the urge to have each of my family members vote in order to insure a win... :)
I guess 7 lbs 6 oz. I'll go small for you cuz I hope it is small!
Seeing as this beautiful babe is due on MY birthday...I'd say I have a good chance here...I guess
9lbs even and that is just like popping out a bowling ball- no worries! Enjoy every minute! You will have an instant love for this little princess that is indescribable! Good luck to both of you!! :)
I'm going to go with 8lbs 6oz
Nine pound. Six point five ounces. Word.
You look great Michelle! I measured big with my little boy as well (like 3-4 weeks! eek!). He measured ahead both in tummy measurements and in ultrasound. My ultrasound was only off by 8 oz. I talked to the ultrasound tech and she told me that each machine is different. Newer machines are a bit better at predicting. Just a thought. We did do a scheduled c-section, and I had a great experience. I'm not trying to sway you AT ALL, but if you have any questions feel free. I hope your delivery goes so well! I can't wait to see pictures of that cute little girl!!!
And, my guess is 9 lb 2 oz. Good luck!! :)
Oh I can't wait to meet the little one! I bet she'll be 8 pounds 11 ounces!
12 lbs. 8 oz and holding a can of Jukey.
I hope for your sake she surprizes you and comes out 7 lbs 1 oz. good luck!
Ellie is helping me guess (and type unfortunately). I guess 7lbs 3oz.
Ellie guesses 7jzkjkjjjmv (seventy jillion?)
8lbs 9 oz. Good luck!
Post a Comment