Sunday, February 1, 2009

Welcome to Furry February!

The PT students at UNLV have a time honoured tradition (from last year) that Buddy is more than excited to take part in this year: Furry February. Those who are able, strive throughout the month of February to grow and groom facial hair in an effort to achieve the ever-coveted "Best Beard". For the record, not many wives are "allowing" their husbands to participate, but I wholeheartedly support the endeavor...and plan to remind him of that several times with each request I make for him to build, carry or clean something. He's a lucky man, right?
Buddy, being a studious individual, decided to consult the country's Experts of Beardedness. Over the course of the month, he'll refer to images of The Greats...

Namely, RICHARD KARN, King of the Daytime Rerun Beard.

BILLY MAYS, whose beard is responsible for selling the majority of that putty that can pull a tractor trailer. (We're actually looking into the possibility of buying this beard from Billy. More to come...)
And of course, the only thing more fierce than Chuck Norris's roundhouse kick: Chuck Norris's beard (behind which there is no chin - only another fist).
So, we're looking at going from sweet, baby face Brandon (whom I accosted with a camera too recently after waking up from a nap to muster a smile):
To perhaps something in the realm of this:
Or even this (Kristina, I know you'd never speak to him again if it did): Heck, we may end up just smearing shoe shine on his face on the 28th and calling it good. (Although mud has worked for him in the past...)
But whatever manages to sprout from his face in the next month, I will support him with unconditional love and dedication on his quest for The Perfect Beard. If you have any advice or words of encouragement for Brandon or his beard, I know they'd both appreciate you leaving comments. Go get 'em, Buddy!

4 pennies for your thoughts:

Amy said...

Oh, Michelle, I have missed you and your ability to make a "Brandon's growing a beard" post into a timeless classic.

Stacie Jo said...

CLASSIC! Good for you for being the supportive wife. Go get 'em Brandon!

Mindy said...

Hahaha. You're a good little wifey!!! :) Good luck, Brandon!! I might intentionally call you this month to wish it over the phone! :)

Caroline said...

You MUST give photo updates as this event proceeds! What a fun tradition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...