Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween gets cuter every year.

I've never been a huge Hallowe'en fan. It was always drilled into me that I wasn't supposed to take candy from strangers, so naturally I had a hard time petitioning strangers for candy once a year with my parents' support. In addition, Trick or Treating in Canada always proved problematic, as braving the Great White North in late October necessitated enough room in your costume to wear a snowsuit underneath. So sorry boys, but no sexy nurses, librarians or referees there, unless they're willing to risk hypothermia. But my mum always did a great job of bundling us up relatively discreetly. Here's the bat costume that transcended generations and was worn by each of my siblings as well.
In 1992, we could get away with this. Now we require a little more political correctness. Could we be any whiter? By the way, my sister had a lisp at this point and told me repeatedly, in a voice that very closely resembled Sylvester the Cat, "I want to be the squaw! Why do you get to be the squaw? I want to hold the papoose!" Please note my sister's turtleneck and my super think white tights.
Here are some of my adorable nephews last Hallowe'en. Ty and Jax are poised and ready for action. Tiff got creative and the twins' pajamas doubled as costumes. The year before, they were peas in a pod. Too cute! This wasn't Hallowe'en, but Mike dressed up as his dad one day. Aww!
Sweet Millie the technicolour cowgirl. Can you get over those boots?
I managed to find two pictures of the Limburgs at Hallowe'en and wish I could reach through the computer and pinch their cheeks.
Just when you thought they can't get any cuter, they add a frog!It has officially been a year since I started the blog, so I know you've seen these before, but I couldn't help myself. The Peter Pan affair happened while we were dating. His willingness to wear tights sealed the deal. Can you blame me? I think he may have to wear this again this year, but enough people thought he was the Jolly Green Giant that I feel perfectly fine using it again.
In character as Dwight and Angela from The Office last year, complete with stapler in Jell-O.We don't have any big Hallowe'en plans, but how about contributing some costume ideas just in case? Thanks!
I was cleaning the other day and came across my English Writing portfolio from high school. Right around the time of the huge anthrax scare, I drew this cartoon for part of my monthly submission. (It's a little messy, but that proves how old it is.)Thank goodness that's over with.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

5 pennies for your thoughts:

Mike said...

I still love the Dwight and Angela costumes. My absolute favorite ever.

Mindy said...

Hahahaha, love the comic. You little arteeest you. I know that's not how artist is spelled, but I wanted you to read it the way I was pronouncing it in my head. P.s. Concur with Michael: Dwight and Angela costume = best ever.

Linze Kate said...

I found your blog! Love it!
You two are so awesome with your The Office costumes - haha! Hope things are going well, and it sounds as though they are! :)
*muah*

Hilary said...

We laughed SO hard when we saw Brandon's Peter Pan costume!! We loved it. The office costumes were great too!

Anna said...

I'll have to show my husband your costumes. He won't dress up! :( But he will get such a kick out of The Office costumes. that's funny. See you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...