Sunday, June 15, 2008

Have a Fantastic FATHER'S DAY!

Not everyone has a dad cool enough to dress his first born daughter like a boy in a matching polo. I do. It's taken a few years (right around the time my brother was born), but he's gotten over the fact that I'm a girl and I cannot play football *read: "soccer" to save my life. He loves me anyway, what a good man!
After two girls in a row, you can see that his spirits were dampened slightly, his sleep was diminishing, but his mustache was growing. I have seen my father once in my lifetime without a mustache...I was little and screamed whenever I saw him because I didn't recognize him. He may be afraid it would happen again so he's held onto it. It definitely works for him. Then at last, he got his boy...and another girl, but he has someone to carry on the Haw family name. Sill doesn't have his football player, though.My dad refers to me as "Pumpkin". Before you go thinking that it's a cute little nickname, I'll need to mention his affinity for the Al Bundy character from Married with Children who has a ditzy blonde daughter he calls Pumpkin. Not so sweet now, huh? But fun, nonetheless. Love you, Daddy! Dad's a great cook and is essentially the King of the Grill. Boy I miss those barbecues. Looks like he's branching out, these days, though. He works really hard to support all of us, which is no easy feat. Thanks, Dad!
Here's the family at Christmastime last year. And yes, he's standing tiptoed in order to exert his status as head of the household. You'll always be taller than me, Dad.We danced together at my wedding to "What a Wonderful World" (he played a large role in picking that song, as it's only 2:24 and that happens to be his threshold for dancing.) Some get emotional and cry in this situation...we sang to each other and laughed the whole song away.He gave a beautiful (and hilarious) speech at our reception and had the crowd in the palm of his hand. He began by saying that he would keep it brief...the English football season started that day. What a character! He announced that Brandon would now serve as his personal bodyguard to help settle some old scores...right after he told Brandon he had a 2 iron reserved for him if he didn't treat me well enough.But he took to Buddy rather well after Buddy complied with Dad's request to be called "Sir". A joke, you ask? Still not sure. Buddy calls him Sir just in case.Speaking of Brandon, he has a pretty great dad too! He hasn't insisted I call him Sir, but maybe I should throw it out there every once in a while. Chuck's pretty much a celebrity in Moscow, Idaho thanks to his doctoring abilities. It's hard to go somewhere without being stopped to chat, but he takes it all in stride.He's also famous for owning (and still wearing) one of the only pairs of original Moonboots. As you can see, they've served their purpose well.

Dramatic readings of the Nativity story are another claim to fame. People come from miles around to hear it (when I say people, I mean his kids). It's pretty entertaining, though.HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL, ESPECIALLY YOU TWO GENTLEMEN!

3 pennies for your thoughts:

The Bobos said...

What a cute post! You're dad sounds like someone I know...I think her name is Michelle?

The Jones Family said...

How nice! I loved all of those pictures, especially the second one of your Dad...you're right, he looks so tired! :) I love the post though!

Melissa said...

oh too cute! Lovely dads! seriously... michelle ... lvoe you blog! It always cracks me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...