I know everyone thinks they have the coolest Grandma, but hear me out. I was talking to my sweet sweet Grandma yesterday who just got back from a trip to England. She was telling me how much she loved reading my blog (should I just take Brandon's name off?) but she did have a concern: She was not listed among "Family, Friends & Others" on the sidebar. After explaining that it's a list of links to other people's blogs, not a comprehensive list of those I love and care for and convincing her that she hadn't done anything to upset me, I felt that I owed her a tribute as she is both family & friend.
So here's to Dorothy June Senter.
The woman who raised three spunky children on her own for a while. (By the way, isn't my mum's hair awesome? back left)
The woman who deserves the credit for my naturally blonde hair...have you seen my parents?
A woman who is so young at heart it's amazing. I'm convinced she'd still give me a horsey ride if I asked for one.
A woman who supports me in everything I do (even if it is being a dog in a high school play!)
A woman who looks great in fuchsia.
A woman who is not scared to be on Facebook at almost 74.
A woman who makes each and every one of her grandchildren (2 aren't pictured) feel like the favourite. Except for me...I know I'm the favourite ;) She also has the ability to make anyone feel like a million bucks, even over the phone - Telemarketers love her. I couldn't find a picture of her serving people, but my Grandma is the most service-oriented people I know. No matter what anyone needs, she is always there, ready and willing to lend a hand.
Here's to the World's Greatest Grandmas: Dorothy June Senter & Philomena Haw. Both very British and tend to call people "Flower", "Ducky" or "Love" and use phrases like "Bless her face", "Taking the mickey" and "Oh, Gold". Oh, and it isn't "Bye", it's "Ta ra".I haven't seen my dad's mum since we left England nearly 18 years ago, but she has never missed a birthday, holiday or anniversary and insists on spoiling us with British pounds every chance she gets.I love them both so much and count them as family & friends, despite the fact that neither one has a blog.
4 pennies for your thoughts:
You've gotten almost 100 hits in ONE day!!!! I.love.that.your.grandma.has.Facebook!!!!! :)
So cute! Your grandmothers are both adorable.
Lindsey
I wonder where Michelle gets her pizazz???
Wow! Your grandma is amazing.
Also, you look stunningly beautiful in that picture from your wedding day, I love it.
Post a Comment