Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Little Sister's 21?!?!

Yesterday was my sister Kristina's birthday. I can't believe she's 21...almost as unbelievable as the fact that I will be 24 in 2 weeks! Yikes. But, I thought that I would post a bit of a tribute to my favourite brunette sister (she used to be very sensitive about the whole brunette thing, but I think time, and stints of blondeness have healed her wounds). Here is a pictorial tribute to a sister I've become closer to living thousands of miles apart. (sniff)

The wee butterball I loved (but struggled) to hold in my arms.
Kristina learned and exploited my weaknesses at a very early age, a time-honoured tradition that continues today.
This is quite possibly one of my all-time favourite pictures of Wedge (a tender nickname she earned as a result of incidents such as this one).
Although the similarities are striking, no we aren't twins, we just wore matching outfits until our adolescent years.
Reliving our childhood with some healthy (and stiff) competition: subjective Guess Who? Does your person look like he may have spent some time in jail?It took me moving to Utah to realize how much I love and miss my sister. She's grown up so fast and so much (that I make her bend down a little bit in pictures). She had a wonderful birthday, even without me there. Love you Wedge!

2 pennies for your thoughts:

Mike said...

You two are so precious. So, I have to thank you for forcing me to post six facts. That's the most commentary my blog has received in months! And I love that you posted twice, then my sister Michelle was after you, and I couldn't figure out which one of you was talking at first. Have a fabulous day.

Karolyn said...

Your sis looks just like you! Okay how is it that you have neglected to tell me that you have a blog??? I am SO MAD at you! Miss and love you tons! Oh p.s. AWESOME job on the halloween costume!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...