Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...only inside our apartment

Despite Provo being unseasonably warm, we have officially declared the Christmas season open in our apartment. The stockings have been hung on the coat rack with care, hoping that Santa will somehow be able to find us without a chimney, or back door. We'll see.


We've also busted out our "tree" again this year. We're a step up from Charlie Brown, but it gets the job done. As you can see, I am taller than the tree with the star on top, but I think our assortment of macaroni angel, Care Bear and A Christmas Story ornaments more than make up for the lack of branches. And yes, that is snow at the foot of the tree...and by snow, I mean the stuffing from an old pillow. It's also in our windowsills, very authentic.

Well, while I'm at it, I thought I would post some pictures of our apartment for the majority of you who haven't had the opportunity to grace us with your presence. Here's our living room with matching couches finally! Our entertainment unit has been refurbished in light of the holiday season, and even has a new TV Michelle scored from some friends in the ward. Life is good.


The kitchen. Please note the clean dishes in the sink, as well as two freshly baked loaves of banana bread on the stove. I'm a lucky man (Michelle says this was a good day and she actually planned to take these pictures for the previously mentioned reasons.)


Lastly, but not leastly, the world's smallest bathroom. (We do have a bedroom, but it's more a storage closet than anything else, not something people want to see). Strangely enough, we're quite proud of our bathroom. Some have scoffed at the rubber duck motif, but it works for us.
We're pretty happy where we are, but looking forward to finding our where I'll be going to grad school and moving there.

3 pennies for your thoughts:

Crystal said...

yay for Christmas! Everything looks great! We've got our tree and stockings up too!! We're Christmas junkies hehe... hope you are both well!

Mindy said...

I am SHOCKED that Brandon actually posted this last entry! I just assumed it was Michelle and was trying to find the photo showing that she was taller than the Christmas tree. BRANDON, you are a blogger? Wow!! :)

darbie said...

still stalking. Sorry we missed your b-day bash, last week was crazy. I really am getting around to the "randoms facts" thing you tagged me on. There are just too many random things I have to narrow down. Anyway, hope all is well! I love the Christmas decor! I'm trying to talk Chad into us having a Christmas party next weekend, it will be great, just a heads up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...