So a few weeks ago I saw the movie Freedom Writers. I went into it thinking, I've seen Stand and Deliver I've heard of Dangerous Minds, how is this going to be different? It was a really touching movie, and besides the token F-words, I really enjoyed it. She teaches a class full of teenagers who have given up, and have been given up on. She helps change their outlooks and attitudes through having them read the Diary of Anne Frank. They visited Holocaust memorial sites and the experience changed their lives. Watching it, I realized that the last time I read this book was in Grade 7. Thinking that I am slightly more mature these days, I think I will be able to appreciate and learn from her experiences much better. Hence, me choosing this book for the book club I've involved in. I think it's an account that everyone should read again.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 pennies for your thoughts:
good choice michelle. i'm excited.
I just checked the movie out from the library on Monday. Does that count?
After seeing that movie, I planned a special stop to the Museum of Tolerance during our trip, while Summer & I were in LA. It was a powerful experience every high school student should attend (well really anyone for that matter)
Post a Comment