When the opportunity arose for me to adopt an incredibly fun and cute tradition from an incredibly fun and cute friend, I jumped at the chance. She came up with "I Love You Because" frames that enable and encourage you to write sweet little love notes to your family. Brilliant. And cute. We have them framed on the wall where you enter the house from the garage. I write Brandon's, he writes mine and we share the kids'. I've tried to be vigilant about updating them often (we got them well into the year) but will try to be better in 2014. (You can buy the digital prints HERE.)
I compiled the lists here so we could remember them. Keep in mind that a) Mason was only around for November and December, so he's slightly underrepresented and b) we don't take ourselves too seriously, so some of them aren't as mushy as you might hope, but it doesn't mean we love eachother any less than couples who spout poetry and pledge their undying love on social media.
BRANDON: I love you because...
- you don't complain when I ask you to do things
- you make me want to be better
- you take a walk at 10 PM to check on something "I just had a feeling about"
- you can ALWAYS make me laugh
- you pick up my slack...and the neighbour's drawers
- you put up with my hoarding
- you remind me so much of Katniss (after taking a personality quiz and being compared to the heroine of the Hungers Games trilogy)
- you can reach the top shelf
MICHELLE: I love you because...
- you make me enchiladas
- you let me sleep all night when Teagan was sick
- you're hot
- you stay up late to make our house clean
- you snort when you laugh
- you add "U's" to words like coloUr and favoUrite
- you're so talented
- you remind me of Effie Trinkett (another Hunger Games personality quiz reference)
- you pretend to like action movies
TEAGAN: I love you because...
- you sleep in (for the record, this one no longer applies)
- you sing so sweetly
- you're so smart
- you make me laugh
- you help Mason find his binky
- you talk like a Munchkin
- you "help" me cook
- you make funny noises
- you have sweet, sweet hair
- you have fat cheeks
Like I said, I hope to be better about updating them in 2014 because it's been a really sweet exercise for our family. We say "I love you" a lot, which is wonderful, but this idea makes us think of specific reasons why and who doesn't love a little love note every now and again?
0 pennies for your thoughts:
Post a Comment