Thursday, June 27, 2013

Despite what Teagan will tell you...


She's either in denial or just being defiant (the more likely of the two) and she will tell you until she's BLUE in the face that it's a girl. She's got another thing coming.

I had two (almost) back-to-back appointments yesterday, the latter for a 20 week ultrasound to make sure all was well. All was great, unless you count the time they ran behind. I hired my favourite 12 year old down the street (and his mum, my dear friend) to watch Teagan "for a little while" so I could run to the appointments alone. I was 2 hours late to pick her up. The sonographer AND the doctor apologized for the delay and gave me a coupon for a 20 minute foot massage. I really should pass it along to the family I held hostage via my toddler, but my friend told me I'd need it, and I'm sure I will. 

The news was all good (wouldn't it be terrible to wait 2 hours for bad news?) and among other things, both the sonographer and the doctor told me that HE has an "excellent", "fantastic" brain. Against the odds, mind you. He refused to give us a profile shot, despite 20 minutes of poking, prodding, jiggling and turning over - shouldn't children this age be easier to control? But he was more than cooperative when it came to deciphering his gender. Hmm. We're so excited to have a "Millionaire Family"...almost as excited as we'd be with "Millionaire Dollars" but one of each will do for now. He's healthy, we're happy and are having a great summer so far.

Brandon kind of knew it was a boy already, but we tried to surprise him anyway. Teagan and I were both dressed in head-to-toe blue when we picked him up from work, and she held a blue balloon and a little blue sign saying "It's a BOY!"

We had too much fun in Canada for me to sit down and write about it, but I've uploaded photos and hope to post a few things soon. Until then, I'm going to work on growing a healthy little boy.

2 pennies for your thoughts:

Sheena said...

Congrats! That is exciting news!

BrittWilk said...

so happy for you!! the baby brother at our house has always adored his big sister. you're in for some fun! congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...