Tuesday, November 27, 2012

{The Best Kind of} Blast from the Past

They may think that because it's taken me 6 weeks to blog about The Browns visiting that I didn't love every. single. minute. But I did. Our besties from the BYU 29th Ward, Jordan & Rachel, swung through Las Vegas and were kind enough to stop for a couple of hours to catch up on the last 4 years. (You may remember that the last time they visited us in Las Vegas they brought a truckload containing 90% of our earthly possessions. Great friends, or what?!) Yep, hard to believe that the last time we'd seen each other was 2008! And you'd never have known it the way we picked right up.
I was so excited to meet their little boys, Gavin & Holden. Just as handsome as I expected them to be and more talkative, which was so much fun. They got to meet Teagan, and while I'm not sure that she lived up to any expectations, she certainly hit it off with her built-in new friends.
 
We reminisced about the good ol' days, we caught up on the current situation and I yelled at Rachel for looking so good after having two babies in two years. (I went against my better judgment and requested to take a photo with her...fortunately my loving husband cut off my mid-section - thanks honey!)
They laughed at me when I asked, but I wanted a photo of Buddy & Jordan too - for old times' sake.
We used to hang out at their apartment all the time, as we were just in the next building over. Did I mention their amenities? While most of us were still living the sad, starving student life, Rachel was busy being a bigwig of the financial world, bringing home the bacon. They were first on the HD bigscreen bandwagon and were kind enough to pass us their old TV...which we are currently watching in our living room :) It was a thing of beauty. Don't even get me started on their sectional. Nearly every seat reclined and they had a hard time prying us out of them to go home to our rickety old futon. We ate dessert on the floor, so as not to soil the beautiful, cream, microsuede. Apparently after 4 years and two boys it looks a little different :) 
It was so much fun to be reunited, if only for a couple of hours. While we probably won't be passing through Delaware any time soon, if ever we have the chance, you can be sure we will. Happy trails, Browns!

1 pennies for your thoughts:

Jordan and Rachel said...

So obviously I'm a little behind on my blog reading, but thank you for posting this. I'm so so glad we got to see you guys and I know we're going to figure out some other reunion in the future. Teagan is adorable and you guys are just as fun as ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...