From picnicking in Grandma's living room to eating sleeves of Keebler cookies to four wheeler rides in the backyard, we had too much fun in Moscow to properly document so forgive me a photo dump. We had fun overlapping with Manda and Camden for a few days. I can't get enough of the three babies hanging out with each other. She coloured, she swung, she climbed, she hugged Great Grandpa's favourite Hallowe'en decoration, she monopolized Grandma's iPhone, she cut with Grandma, she emptied, she posed, she rode and she cuddled. We shopped, we attended games, we watched Downton Abbey, we chopped hair, we crafted, we socialized. We were very busy.
We were all present and accounted for at Megan's wedding, so naturally we had to try to get a photo of all the kids. And I mean try. Someone's kid wouldn't hold still. I blame the parents.
Teagan and I were there for a week before Buddy came to join us. But once he did, the fun started. It seems to follow him. He and Shawn were challenged to relive the glory days and taken on their nephews in a friendly game of touch football. I won't tell you who won, but I can tell you who we laughed at most. Between Buddy "secretly" signaling his next move and catching a football while running with Teagan to Shawn cutting across the trampoline and subsequently losing the contents of his pockets, they were quite entertaining.
Continuing with challenging the elderly, a race to the fencepost and back was initiated.
Tiff joined in halfway and did incredibly well for herself...and the toddler she was carrying. Tara literally picked up the pieces when someone didn't slow down enough when they got to the halfway point.
I don't know if I'm qualified to speak for her, but I'd wager that the highlight of Teagan's trip may have been the trampoline. Every spare moment, she wanted to "jump jump". The first time she attempted it, she looked like the town drunkard, physically incapable of staying on her feet, but by the end of our visit she was jumping with the best of them. And by "them" I mean other almost 2 year olds. To say it was adorably hilarious would be an understatement. Also hilarious was Buddy realizing that he nearly bottomed out standing still. The truth hurts.
We hopped on the 4 wheeler for a backyard cruise and reminisced about our carefree days in 2009 when we got her out on the open road at the cabin. That was fun, but I'll take our extra passenger over the wind in my hair any day.
Thanks for the visit, Mom & Dad Richards! Always a pleasure.







1 pennies for your thoughts:
Almost made me cry to read your post. What a fun week we had!!! Let's do it again, soon.
Post a Comment