Thursday, August 30, 2012

Teagan in Wonderland.

Teagan and I are here in Canada, spending some quality time with GG, G-Pop, Tina, Dano and Needla. We're up to our eyeballs in hugs, kisses, love, attention, candy and FUN.
We were permitted a day of rest after our red eye flight where neither of us got much sleep. She wasn't crying, she just refused to sleep. Luckily, Cars 2 was one of the inflight movies and it kept her attention even without sound. She's becoming a frequent flyer and always pleasantly surprises those around us. Let's keep that up!
Then if was off to Wonderland. As in, the amusement park - not down the rabbit hole. Mum & Dad were kind enough to buy us season passes for Brandon & I, so we wanted to make good use of them. Last year, Teagan was a little too young to appreciate (or even go on) most of the rides, so Mum was really excited to see how she handled the kiddie rides this time around. And we weren't disappointed.
Mum took Teagan on cute little rides while Nicola and I waited an hour and a half to ride Leviathan, Canada's tallest and fastest rollercoaster. And I didn't wet myself! Watch the video - even if it's only until 1:28.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with rollercoasters that's written all over my face. Is it a grimace? Is it a smile? No one can tell, even with photographic evidence - I didn't manage to catch a photo of the photo they took, but trust me when I tell you it isn't pretty. 
But there was a pretty little face having the time of her life over in Kidzville with GG. And I DID get photographic evidence to back that up.
She couldn't get enough of the balloon ride, and usually ended up with a partner sitting with her because they didn't want to be alone. She is so brave and it was so sweet to see her try to cheer up the screaming kids that climbed in with her. 
 
She's always liked the swings at the park, so we took a chance and put her on the Swings on Crack...I couldn't remember the real name. She was in heaven. Once we convinced the girl behind her to stop kicking her swing, she had a great time.
 
Having portrayed Snoopy in my high school's production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown", I was ever so proud to see Teagan bonding with the Peanuts characters.
Since it looks like we have a fearless little one on our hands, I "shipped" her off on another ride with Uncle Pablo. Not just a simple back and forth boat ride, folks. This one swung back and forth AND spun around 180° when it reached either end. I thought she'd be screaming (so we armed Uncle P with a binky) but she seemed to really enjoy it. My little daredevil puts me to shame.
I will say that one of my favourite parts of seeing my baby ride big girl rides was watching her cheering squad on the sidelines, smiling and waving, hootin' and hollerin' their support (I failed to catch the flailing arms and yelling in the photo, but they didn't move from that spot.) So cute.
 With all the fun, it's no wonder Teagan ended up like this. And we still have another 10 days!

0 pennies for your thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...