Talking to yourself is sometimes the best conversation you can have. Apparently I've been having a lot of important conversations with myself lately. I didn't realize this at first, because someone one the other end of said conversations was nodding their cute, curly blond head and saying "I love the idea of putting money aside each month for a new car. That's a great idea. Let's do that", "You're so smart, my Belle" and other such complimentary things in his deep, manly, Kronk-like voice.*
Fast forward 6 months. Imagine my surprise as I tried to pick up our conversation about a new car purchase and how much we were setting aside each month and I was met with "What? We're already putting money aside for a car? How long have we been doing that?" I'd call it a minor meltdown, but then my pants might catch on fire. I called him out, to put it nicely, and he fessed up that there's a chance he may not have been listening. In his defense, he asked how he could improve. Unfortunately, he put it like this:
"So, in the future, should I just ignore you or pretend I'm listening?" with a straight face.
Um, none of the above. When I pointed out the secret third choice of actually listen, he laughed and admitted that hadn't occurred to him. He can make me laugh even when I'm trying my hardest to be mad. Love that man.
| And I quote: "Old movies made this look easier." Love him. |
*Did I ever mention that Brandon was mistaken for the voice of Kronk at EFY in 06? After two summers of hearing that he sounded just like Kronk, he joked that he was on vacation from recording and a sweet little girl came up to him and asked him for his autograph. Upon telling her that he was, in fact, kidding she said that she had to go call her Mom to tell her that Kronk wasn't at EFY with her.
1 pennies for your thoughts:
During those moments when I'm just certain Ty isn't listening I like to throw in a "and then monkeys burst through the window and lit my hair on fire." Usually that draws him right into the conversation. :)
Post a Comment