Twas way after Christmas at the Richards’ new house
There has been some stirring – hope it wasn’t a mouse!
We took down the stockings that were hung by the stair
Since it’s hot here in Vegas, there’s no chimney there.
Buddy & Michelle love to snooze in their bed,
'Cause now it’s a King so their arms they can spread.
Teagan’s sleeping at night, since refusing to nap
Watches Wiggles each morning, curled up in Mum’s lap.
We don’t have a lawn, patio set or a ladder,
Our 2nd car is broken, but that doesn’t matter.
We’ve got brand new couches, comfy seating in our loft
And a bed in our guest room, with pillows so soft.
A TV is up there, toys and games galore
And the Richards for company? We’re hardly a snore.
So what I’m trying to say with all this silly rhyming..
Is if you want to come visit, there’s no better timing!
We're SO looking forward to visits next month from The Richardses Sr. and not-so-newlywed Kristina & Pablo! Flights are booked, shows are planned and we couldn't be more excited...or better equipped. Well, we may not have it all, but we have more than we had in the past. No more air mattresses in the living room, we're getting serious here with a guest bedroom, bathroom and loft. That's right, ladies and gents. Step right up to spend some time a Casa de Richards - we'd love to have you!
See - we keep the toys neat & clean.**Between the hours of 7 PM & 7 AM.
I'd love to tell you that we have comfortable couches for you to sit on, but these puppies are brand spankin' new (NOW we feel like grown ups) and have yet to be broken in. Despite recent trends, our behinds are not yet large enough to cover all 5 seats. We NEED your help!
Don't worry, we still have Great Grandma Richards' comfy, well broken in couches upstairs, along with a well broken in small-screen TV. A thread-bare little love nest for the sis & bro-in-law and a reprieve for Grandma & Grandpa Richards. We're working on decorations everywhere, it's just that I'm wondering 'to paint or not to paint'?
And la piece de resistance - the guest room. That's right, folks, no more air mattress. And after our tax return comes, there's a small chance the room will even inherit our Walmart nightstand and dresser. Too much too fast? Perhaps.
Now that the hustle & bustle of Christmas are over, I'm finally getting back to blogging. I plan to catch you up on Christmas ASAP and tell you all about our fantastic new friends who took care of us this Christmas. Have I mentioned that we love our new ward? No? WE LOVE OUR NEW WARD! Two wonderful families opened their homes to us for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and fed us all sorts of deliciousness. I'm working on an update, but I'll let you drool until then.
6 pennies for your thoughts:
Love the bed spread in your guest room! And the rhyming, Oh Michelle I forgot how witty you are!!
Michelle! I love reading your blog. And I'm so impressed by your new couches. I really hope to be a real grown-up someday too.
You are such a poet!!!!!!!! I'm counting the days till i get to stay in your guest room.
So clever, as usual!
I'm disappointed that we now live much too far to just pop in on you. Such amenities...it looks lovely!
Simply lovely job on the casa! Cheers to your new furniture. Its amazing how a little something something makes you feel all grown up. :) Guess its time for another trippy trip? Yes.
Can we add you to our mooching list? Matt's family lives in Phoenix AZ. If we drive we usually just drive straight through. Now that we are a family of four, however, little people may not be able to make the trip in one day. We would LOVE to invite ourselves to stay the night in Vegas some time at Casa de Richards ;)
Post a Comment