Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Holiday Happenins...

Well, after a holiday hiatus, I'm back to blogging. Don't think Brandon will be catching the craze anytime soon, sorry! But we had an amazing Christmas season. We spent almost a week in Moscow and then I headed for the Great White North which was just that: great AND white. Some of the highlights (too many to list) include...
Steaks for Christmas Eve grilled by lamplight courtesy of Chuck and Brandon (wearing Tara's jacket, Eric's shoes and Chuck's apron).A less-than-reverent interpretation of the Nativity. You can see Caleb near the tree picking out a bigger present for the Baby Jesus than he had arrived with, Emma wondering what's going on, Meg as Mary becoming concerned that their production has become a farce, Ben inspecting the Baby Jesus and Mikey laughing heartily at the whole shenanigan. The joys of Christmas. The annual Richards gingerbread house and the inevitable chaos trying to get a picture taken with it. Also, Steve the hydrocephalic snowman who pops up in Christmas pictures here and there, thanks to Brandon.Meeting my brand new niece Jessa and envying her remarkable sleeping habits.

And the Canadian high points include (list not exhaustive)...

Choreographing and performing (for my mum) with my siblings a dance to the infamous "Visit the Moon" song I'm sure Brandon regrets teaching us! Move over Osmonds, here come the Haws! Video to come in a later post...Spending the coldest day of the year in Toronto with my sister Kristina, making fools of ourselves.Meeting and malling my cousin Stephen for the very first time. Not sure how he felt about me, but I loved him!Partying at Chuck E. Cheese's, where I certainly felt like I could be a kid (one of my sister's friends thought I was 14. But when she found out I was actually 24 she thought she'd make me feel better by saying I could pass for 18. Gee, thanks!) But Chuck E. Cheese's is on its way to becoming the family business: Daniel and Kristina BOTH work there! Nicola, it's up to you now. *Those of you with small children, don't let them read the following statement*: my little brother IS Chuck E. Cheese. Crazy, huh? And yes, we're very proud.
Being reunited with my family (albeit sans husband) and taking a plethora of pictures with them. We actually had my Auntie Heather take real family photos (yes, there was matching) but this will have to do for now.My siblings are one-by-one overtaking me in height, but I exerted my dominance as oldest child and made sure they know who's boss.All of us grandchildren (minus Emma & James in England) piling on Grandma & Grandad's couch and nearly squishing them to death.In conclusion, this Christmas season was clearly one of the best I've ever experienced. Bring it on, 2008!

5 pennies for your thoughts:

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

How fun! I looks like y'all had a great Christmas! Ah, if some of the music videos I've made with my cousins and siblings ever came I would never be able to show my face in public again!
-Lindsey

Karolyn said...

Looks pretty crazy! You did always know how to have a good time!

Unknown said...

Oh, and your hair is adorable!

markmorrell said...

Oh, I miss you guys loads! Thats all I have to say about that!

stacey said...

So I don't know if I just passed over it before, but that pic of you all with your instruments is hilarious. Your guitar-savvy sister's expression is priceless. Do you really play saxophone? How exciting. I'm quite partial to a few woodwind instruments myself. And Jacob likes your moon song, tonight wasn't the first time I've played it for him. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...