Monday, August 19, 2013

Seven years later and I'm not itchy at all!

7 years and 70 lbs* later, we've still got it**. Happy Anniversary, Buddy!

*I'm not at liberty to discuss the distribution of said weight.
**The word "it" is open to interpretation.

It seemed appropriate to celebrate our marriage at the place it began - the temple. Our friends, The Statens, were kind enough to watch Teagan for us so we could go and participate in a session. I had grand plans to eat at the cafeteria, having really enjoyed some service there last month. I volunteered to fulfill an assignment in the kitchen, washing dishes and preparing food and it reminded me of the good ol' days at the MTC Cafeteria. Except I wasn't hugely pregnant and coerced into sitting on a stool for most of the shift. The equipment was the same and dealing with mass amounts of food made me feel homesick for the hours of flipping pancakes on a grill wider than I was tall and shoveling huge quantities of salad for hungry Elders. It was fun. But I digress. We didn't actually get to eat there because we hit traffic and arrived with just enough time to grab their famous cinnamon rolls to go. And we ended up in the Spanish session and had to wear headsets. But it was a good reminder that the Gospel is the same wherever you go and whatever language you speak.
It was so wonderful to be at the temple with my groom and remember the day we promised to spend forever together. He's just as handsome now as he was then and I couldn't be happier. It was fun to have our little man with us as well, jumping and kicking and making me feel a special connection to heaven.
We shared the cinnamon rolls with our dear friends who made the evening possible and cracked open some imitation butter beer. In keeping with our heavenly theme. Wow, it was good.
I had grandiose plans for how this evening was going to go and while most fell through, I could hardly be disappointed. I learned a lesson in patience and really enjoyed the time we spent there - we were at the temple, after all. 
I had grandiose plans for our marriage - from the timing of our children to Brandon's employment and things haven't necessarily gone the way I'd planned - and by "I", I mean "we". They've gone His way, and we have faith in His timing because He knows what is best for us and things often turn out better than we'd hoped. What a wonderful way to celebrate 7 years of wedded bliss. Love you, Buddy!

0 pennies for your thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...