Thursday, July 29, 2010

♪ I've got sunshine on a cloudy day... ♪

Yes, it's been a while. For those of you who may have forgotten, my name is Michelle and I used to be a great blogger. Trouble is, we've had so much excitement and change that I haven't had the opportunity to blog in quite some time. But I'll catch you up one step at a time on what's been going on...
Most of you may already know, since this was news about two months ago, but we're going to have a Mini-Michelle join our ranks in October. But don't feel too badly for Dad, he's excited at the prospect of a little girl. If you have any pity, please direct it my way, as I'm going to have a whole lot of blonde, blue-eyed, chubby cherubic competition on my hands vying for his attention.
So maybe he didn't get his rugged, husky football player this time around (keeping my fingers crossed that my daughter indeed is NOT the suitable build for an American football player - maybe I'm counting my chickens...) but I'm sure we'll have a boy down the road that he can wrestle and toss the pigskin with - don't tell my Dad, he's just getting used to the idea of this one! Both of us are really excited to have aa little girl on our hands and be able to plan. I know it's cliche, but we would have been just as excited for a boy. We're just hoping for a happy, healthy wee one. Perhaps hoping for a "wee" one is a little optimistic, seeing as Brandon skipped the newborn clothing phase and all 10 lbs. 10 oz. of him went straight for the 3 month rack. Pray for me!
I'm already provoking comments like "Is there just one in there?" and "You still have 3 months to go?!" But, you can bet your bottom I can still...
Choose my surroundings carefully to look small in comparison (just one perk of marrying the man I did). (St. Peter's Square, Rome)
Jump with the best of them. (Edinburgh, Scotland)
Descend the steps of the Eiffel Tower. Actually, I don't really have a point of reference for this one, but I'm fairly confident I could have done it pre-pregnancy. (Paris, France)
And, at the Pantheon, my condition even came in handy! Having already ordered a meal at McDonald's (please don't judge me, I don't speak Italian and "McChicken" is the same worldwide) I found myself still wanting and ordered more nuggets. The kind lady gave me 6 additional nuggets for the "Bambina". Not bad!
I cannot, however, see my feet any longer, so failed to notice my grotesque Let's-Walk-Around-Rome-in-its-Entirety blister until it was too late.
But I do hope that gave you a clue as to why I haven't been the best at blogging these days. We visited Europe for just over two weeks, and within the week we got home, moved to Kentucky for Brandon's summer internship (sans computer) and shortly thereafter, I flew up to Canada to spend time with my fantastic family. So, now that I've just tickled your tastebuds with a glimpse of our recent European hijinx, I promise I intend to fully update you soon. Until then, feast your eyes on the Richards jump en francais. A dieu for now, mes amis.

6 pennies for your thoughts:

Nick & Lindi said...

Hey look, I found your blog! CONGRATS on the GIRL!! I'm so excited for you guys! You look great and we miss ya in the ward, espically at girls camp! :( Hope all is well and that you're feeling better. I look forward to keep in touch with you on here!! :)

Mindy said...

Shut-up! I believe you even posted this BEFORE I threatened your life via text!! Wow! P.s. Did you pop that blister? And you look tiny AND great. So, stop yer belly achin'. ;) I am so glad I don't have to KEEL you.

Diana said...

Wow, I don't know how you can jump like that. Maybe Brandon has passed on some things he's learned about pelvic floor strengthening (sidebar: I kept rewording that sentence so no one would get the wrong impression...not sure how well I did). :) Anyway, glad you got in such a fun trip before your life gets turned upside. Yay for pink!

Linze Kate said...

I am loving on your European adventure! Also, CONGRATS on a little girl - so exciting! You guys are going to be STELLAR parents! :)
*muah*

Anna said...

Oh, how I've missed you! :) Love it all!

Marlo said...

I can't wait to see all the sweet places you visited. Maybe I will start shoving pillows in my shirt so I can get some sweet food for the "bambina." Lucky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...