Have you missed me? Believe it or not, we've had a flurry of excitement in our lives and it left me too overwhelmed to blog about it! I apologize for my lengthy absence, but intend to catch you up on the goings on as best I can very soon.
Although neither of us are the mushy type, I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that Buddy & I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary today. I'd like to prove to any of you who may not be convinced that indeed, we are made for each other...(I don't have the time to make this list all-inclusive - I've got to blog a few more times this month before I'm lynched by my fan. I'll just highlight.)
1. Our anniversary cards. Unbeknownst to the other, we each chose/made anniversary cards centered around bottoms. That's right, bums. I made mine in the shape of a heart and had the ingenious idea of turning it upside down and inscribing "Happy Anniversary Sweetcheeks" in the inside. (I'm expecting a call from Hallmark any day now). Buddy's card read: "We're a good team. You're the one who approaches challenges head on...And I'm the one hanging back, admiring your butt." I could end my argument that we're made for each other here, but just for fun, I'll go on...
2. We fit. Let me explain: He's 6'4". I'm 5'3". His bum (sorry for the excessive discussion of rear ends) fits perfectly in the small of my back. It's quite the spectacle and great fun at parties:
3. I like to clean (to an extent) and he's a slob. It wasn't until Buddy's cousin & roommate moved out that I realized that Buddy was the messy one. We were 6 months in, so there was no turning back. Need I remind you of the 14 Sock Fiasco of 2008?
4. I make money, he spends it (and more) on tuition. It would be a more perfect relationship if the amounts were a little more proportionate, but he'll be making the money soon enough (crosses fingers) so I shan't gripe any further.
5. I like to laugh; he makes me. Buddy is the funniest, most creative person I know and it's so much fun to be married to a man that can make me laugh any place, any time. Por ejemplo: We had been married for a month, so we celebrated in conjunction with International Talk Like a Pirate Day, with a spread of everything pirate-related Buddy could find at Smith's. We ate like kings that night: Pop Tarts, Cap'n Crunch and Eggos. Never a dull moment.
To celebrate our third anniversary and a last hoorah before we both diet & exercise, we ate at a little place we like to call the Pink Cow (Pin Kaow), a great little Thai restaurant (T-Rav & Kelly - are you proud?) Be forewarned: if you visit us, we will take you here. It's awesome! We also have a brand new Carl's Jr. down the street. Have I enticed you yet?You can order the spice on a scale from 1-10. Despite our being wimps and ordering 3's, I feel a language barrier may have caused us to ingest meals of the 7-8 variety. Hence, to relieve the burning, it was off to Yogurtland, a neat little place with self-serve frozen yogurt in about 15 different flavours with a smorgasbord of toppings from Nerds and brownie chunks to kiwi and sweetened condensed milk. When you come, we'll go here as well.
Our last stop was to purchase a new pair of jeans for myself, who detests shopping for jeans and would much rather inherit them. But again, Buddy made me laugh whilst doing something I felt rather depressing. He managed to find a pair of jeans for $19.95 in the same section as a pair of shorts 1/4 the length for $24.95. Here he is struggling to see the logic.
On a "serious" note (as serious goes for us), HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BUDDY! To answer your question: YES, we're shooting for 4 years. We'll keep you posted.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
1st year: paper, 2nd year: cotton, 3rd year: bottoms
Love from, michelle at 6:55 PM
Labels: happy anniversaries, mush
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 pennies for your thoughts:
Happy Aniverery you two! You were definitely made for each other!
1- Yes, I am proud. And I would love to go there when I come visit you.
2- Please explain the connection between pirates and pop tarts/eggos.
3- Happy anniversary!
We're coming up. Don't know when. Sometime in your 4th year, you can pencil us in. :) P.S. if your read it right, it rhymes. rhyming completly accendital. And the yogurt spot is a total must! As long as the employee doesn't tell my mom we're there! Bonus.
Happy Late Anniversary you two! We are so happy to call you friends. We love you!!
Thank you guys so much for your well wishes. Kelly - I wasn't clear on the pirates connection. Anything that featured Jack Sparrow or The Black Pearl on the box was purchased for our consumption. Classy, no?
Kaylinn - Please come! We can't go to a yogurt place and not think about you and Mark! As long as you don't leave your purse there, your mum never has to know :)
Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary! Mark and I celebrated our BIG number 3 on the 18th.
Post a Comment